Hello,

We have implemented language specific search in Solr using language
specific fields and field types. For instance, an en_text field type can
use an English stemmer, and list of stopwords and synonyms. We, however
did not use specific stopwords, instead we used one list shared by both
languages.

So you would have a field type like:
<fieldType name="en_text" class="solr.TextField" ...
 <analyzer type="">
  <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" words="stopwords.en.txt">
  <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synoyms.en.txt">

etc etc.

Cheers,

-
Markus Jelsma          Buyways B.V.
Technisch Architect    Friesestraatweg 215c
http://www.buyways.nl  9743 AD Groningen

Alg. 050-853 6600      KvK  01074105
Tel. 050-853 6620      Fax. 050-3118124
Mob. 06-5025 8350      In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17