Hi Qiuyan,

> Thanks a lot. It works now. When i added the line
> #set($hl = $response.highlighting)
> i got the highlighting. But i wonder if there's any document that
> describes the usage of that. I mean i didn't know the name of those
> methods. Actually i just managed to guess it.
Solritas (aka VelocityResponseWriter) binds a number of objects into a so
called VelocityContext (consult [1] for a complete list). You can think of
a map that allows you to access objects by symbolic names, e.g., an
instance of QueryResponse is stored under response (that's why you write
$response in your template).

Since $response is an instance of QueryResponse you can call all methods
on it the API [2] provides. Furthermore, Velocity incorporates a
JavaBean-like introspection mechanism that lets you write
$response.highlighting instead of $response.getHighlighting() (only a bit
of syntactic sugar).

-Sascha

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/VelocityResponseWriter#line-93
[2]