Hi,

I have noticed that atm there doesnt seem to be a way to inherit request
handler definitions. This would be nice to be able to define some basic
requesthandlers (maybe even with the option of defining them "abstract") which
could be extended. For example I have one dismax request handler for people and
another one for companies. obviously i want to leave out the "firstname" field
in the companies dismax hander, but everything else is the same.

Furthermore it would be nice to be able to dynamically append things in a
request. For example I run a search on the companies dismax handler and I find
no (or just very few) result, then I want to also include a field that has a
doublemethaphone analyzer on the name. So I just want to append that field to
the qf setting of the request handler defaults.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org