I am about to attempt to implementing the SpanQuery in Solr 1.4.

I noticed there is a JIRA to add it in 1.5:

*       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1337

I also noticed a couple of email threads from Grant and Yonik about trying
to implement it such as:

*       http://old.nabble.com/SpanQuery-support-td15246477.html

So . . .

*       Question: Has anyone started working on SOLR-1337 for Solr 1.5?

And if not . . .

*       Question: Is the best way to go about it is to follow the following
recipe?

1.       Configure

a.       Specify a new parser plugin in solrconfig.xml:

b.       <queryParser name="mySpanQueryParser"
class="SpanQueryParserPlugin"/>

2.       Implement

a.       Use the FooQParserPlugin as a starting template
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/src/test/org/apache/solr
/core/SOLR749Test.java)

3.       Access

a.       Access the current query type via 'q=mySpanQueryParser '

Most grateful for any thoughts,

Christopher