Hi All,

I'm trying to create an index of documents, where for each document, I am
trying to associate with it a set of related keywords, each with individual
boost values that I compute externally.

eg:
Document Title: Democrats
  related keywords:
    liberal: 4.0
    politics: 1.5
    obama: 2.0
    etc. (hundreds of related keywords)

Since boosts in solr is per field instead of per field-instance, I am trying
to get around this by creating dynamic fields for each related keyword, and
setting boost values accordingly. To be able to surface this document by
searching the related keywords, I have the schema setup to copy these
related keyword fields into the default text field.

But when I query any of these related keywords, I get back fieldNorms with
the max value:

  1.5409492E10 = (MATCH) weight(text:liberal in 11), product of:
    0.8608541 = queryWeight(text:liberal), product of:
      1.6840147 = idf(docFreq=109, maxDocs=218)
      0.51119155 = queryNorm
    1.79002368E10 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(text:liberal in 11), product of:
      1.4142135 = tf(termFreq(text:liberal)=2)
      1.6840147 = idf(docFreq=109, maxDocs=218)

According to this email exchange between Koji and Mat Brown,

http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg23759.html

The boost value from copyField's shouldn't be accumulated into the boost for
the text field, can anyone else verify this? This seem to go against what
I'm observing. When I turn off copyField, the fieldNorm goes back to normal
(in the single digit range).

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm running Solr 1.4 in case that
matters.

Any pointers/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
Yu-Shan