SOLR makes heavy use of JUnit for testing. The real advantage
of a JUnit testcase being attached is that it can then be
permanently incorporated into the SOLR builds. If you're
unfamiliar with JUnit, then providing the raw data that illustrates
the bug allows people who work on SOLR to save a bunch
of time trying to reproduce the problem. It also insures that
they are addressing what you're seeing <G>...

It's especially helpful if you can take a bit of time to pare away
all the unnecessary stuff in your example files and/or comment
what you think the important bits are.....

HTH
Erick