I actually found the documentation pretty great especially since (my experience, anyway) most Java projects seem to default to generic JavaDoc derived documentation (and that makes me cry).

That said, more cookbook-style "recipes" or stories would be helpful for some of the more esoteric parts of Solr.

Also: real-time indexing and geo.

Cheers,