Dear all,
I am trying to provide an embedded server to a web application deployed in a
servlet container (like tomcat).
I would like to call a method like this

    protected void configSolrServer() throws ConfigException {
        String idxHome =
systemProp.getProperty(Configuration.Key.IDX_HOME);
        System.setProperty(Configuration.Key.SOLR_HOME, idxHome );
        CoreContainer.Initializer initializer = new
CoreContainer.Initializer();
        CoreContainer coreContainer;

        try {
            coreContainer = initializer.initialize();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            throw new ConfigException(e);
        } catch (ParserConfigurationException e) {
            throw new ConfigException(e);
        } catch (SAXException e) {
            throw new ConfigException(e);
        }
        solrServer = new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");
    }

inside a factory implementation injected as the ServletContextListener
contextInitialized() method is called.
Are there problems if the Embedded Server is configured as slave and is
polling a master to implement index replication?
In particular, I have doubts with respect to container thread handling (I
saw different thread pool started during index replication polling).

Sorry if the question is closer to servlet container behaviour than solr
server.
Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks,
Dino.