Hi List,

we are running a marketplace which has about a comparable functionality like
ebay (auctions, fixed-price items etc).
The items are placed on the market by users who want to sell their goods.

Currently we are using Sphinx as an indexing engine, but, as Sphinx returns
only document ids we have to make a
database-query to fetch the data to display. This massively decreases
performance as we have to do two requests to
display data.

I heard that Solr is able to return a complete dataset and we hope a switch to
Solr can boost perfomance.
A critical question is left and i was not able to find a solution for it in the
docs: Is it possible to update attributes directly in the
An example for better illustration:
We have an index which holds all the auctions (containing auctionid, auction
title) with its current prices(field: current_price). When a user places a new
bid,
is it possible to update the attribute 'current_price' directly in the index so
that we can fetch the current_price from Solr and not from the database?

I hope you understood my problem. It would be kind if someone can point me to
the right direction.

Thanks alot!

Moritz