Having been thinking about your questions again and I think that if you are
expecting that the price value will be changing a lot, especially when
talking about auctions then you should consider not storing the actual price
into the full text index but into some fast datastore. Some kind of scalable
in-memory hash map with journal based backup would do this job better I
think.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Lukas