It's been three years since this discussion and I'm unaware of any work that
has plugged this capability gap in Lucene/Solr.  In summary, it would be
very, *very*, useful to be able to query multiple multi-valued fields and
require that such matches occur at the same index offset.  I'm working on an
app where I should be able to get away with a single multi-valued field and
query with slop.  If I have time to get fancy, I could induce a delta
position increment gap scheme since I know my inner fields can't be very
long, and thus I can avoid the slop (a performance win) but still use a
phrase query.  But for those of you wanting numeric range queries or other
things where the data is indexed differently, this isn't going to work.
Using multiple fields is cleaner but there's no way to cross-query
multi-valued fields with restraining the position increment gap.  Has anyone
out there done this yet?

I think it's a tough problem.  One piece of the solution would be to
configure a position increment gap such that the gap between values isn't
fixed, it'd be the delta to the next multiple of 1000 (where 1000 is
configurable). This would allow you to know which value offset a given
searched term is from based on the term's position as queried from Lucene.
That's the easy part.  But then somehow you'd have to cross-correlate/filter
multiple query results taking the intersection based on common offsets.
Surely that would take some serious hacking and I have no clue how feasible
that is.  Thoughts?

~ David Smiley