According to the wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Commands
the delta-import command will accept the same clean, commit and optimize
parameters that the full-import command takes but I am my index keeps saying
its not optimized.

[java] INFO: [items] webapp=/solr path=/dataimport
params={optimize=true&clean=true&commit=true&command=delta-import} status=0
QTime=1

Also can someone explain to me exactly what the clean command does? The wiki
states: "Tells whether to clean up the index before the indexing is started"
but thats kind of vague. What does it actually do?

Thanks