Sorry, have completely missed this thread until someone pointed out to me
just now.

Some clarifications:

commit=true is for the plugin only. I added it to make it consistent with
Solr's behavior.

Stand-alone Zoie does not require this, it is in more of an autocommit mode
since it assumes a constant and busy stream of indexing events.

So I think what we will do is add an autocommit parameter to the
ZoieUpdateHandler and default it to true. With this, you don't need to have
commit=true to see the new docs.

-John