Using the information off the CoreAdmin Wiki,  I initially set up Solr with one
core with solr.xml looking like the following:

<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
                <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" sharedSchema="false">
                                <core name="core1" instanceDir="/opt/solrcores"
                                                dataDir="/data1/core1"
                                                config="solrconfig.xml"

properties="conf/solrcore-core1.properties"
                                                schema="schema-core1.xml" />
                </cores>
</solr>

The application starts up fine and I can get to the
http://<solrhost:port>/solrcores<http://%3csolrhost:port%3e/solrcores>.  I see
the link for Admin core1 and everything is running fine.  I then enter the URL:

http://<solrhost:port>/solrcores/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=core2&instanceDir=/opt/solrcores&config=solrconfig.xml&schema=schema-core2.xml&dataDir=/data1/core2&properties=conf/solrcore-core2.properties<http://%3csolrhost:port%3e/solrcores/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=core2&instanceDir=/opt/solrcores&config=solrconfig.xml&schema=schema-core2.xml&dataDir=/data1/core2&properties=conf/solrcore-core2.properties>

to create my next core, core2.  The new core is registered and does show in the
base URL,
http://<solrhost:port>/solrcores<http://%3csolrhost:port%3e/solrcores>, which
now list links for Admin core1 and Admin core2.

When I looked in the solr.xml, I see the following:

<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
                <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" sharedSchema="false">
                                <core name="core1" instanceDir="/opt/solrcores"
schema="schema-core1.xml" properties="conf/solrcore-core1.properties"
dataDir="/data1/core1" />
                                <core name="core2" instanceDir="/opt/solrcores"
schema="schema-core2.xml" dataDir="/data1/core2"  />
                </cores>
</solr>

Shouldn't all the parameters be added to the solr.xml core2 that were passed in
from the URL?  And why did the config="solrconfig.xml" get removed from the
core1 definition?

Is this a bug?  Or I have made some assumptions that were incorrect?

Thanks
Robbin