Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your response.
Yes, a category type would be needed.

One thing I am not clear about,
If you have multi-values like "toshiba, tecra, LCD"
it is then clear that you can run solr queries like:
  fq=mymultivaluefield:LCD

but for associated fields like:
  "make=toshiba, model=tecra, screen=LCD"
  "make=toshiba, model=tecra, screen=TFT"
Is there a way for Solr to understand key=value pairs from a multi-value
field?
For example you may want to do a filter on screen type:
  fq=mymultivaluefield:screen
and not
  fq=mymultivaluefield:screen:LCD