I have indexed person names in solr using synonym expansion and am getting a
match when I explicitly use that field in my query (name:query). However,
when I copy that field into another field using copyfield and search on that
field, I don't get a match. Below are excerpts from schema.txt. I am new to
Solr and appreciate any help! Thanks.

Surajit

<fieldType name="person_name" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="0" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="person-synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
      </analyzer>
</fieldType>

<field name="sngr" type="person_name" multiValued="true" indexed="true"
stored="true" required="false" />

<field name="text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

 <copyField source="sngr" dest="text"/>