I downloaded the examples and unzipped into
C:\Examples
C:\Examples\3
C:\Examples\7
C:\Examples\8
C:\Examples\9
C:\Examples\cores
C:\Examples\solr

Starting in the C:\Examples\solr folder run command 'java -jar start.jar' and
it starts ok, but all the URI's return 404.
I can get Solr running with Tomcat quite easily but wanted to try their Jetty
version.

Chapter 1 pages 15-18 just don't explain the OOTB install of the examples.

I have tried
java -jar start.jar
java -Dsolr.solr.home=c:/Examples/solr/ -jar start.jar
java -Dsolr.solr.home=c:\Examples\solr\ -jar start.jar
java -Dsolr.solr.home=c:/Examples/solr -jar start.jar
java -Dsolr.solr.home=c:\Examples\solr -jar start.jar
java -Dsolr.solr.home=solr/ -jar start.jar

What am I missing?

--Robert