: > Years ago, when we were first working on building Solr, a coworker of mind
: > suggested using double bar sliders (ie: pick a range using a min and a
: > max) for all numeric facets and putting "sparklines" above them to give
: > the user a visual indication of the "spread" of documents across the
: > numeric spectrum.
: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkline
: > http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0001OR

: kayak.com uses a double slider to handle the flight departure range:
: http://screencast.com/t/ZjExMTE5

Well, sure ... double bar sliders aren't relaly novel at all -- my point
was the idea of putting a sparkline above hte slider, so people had a
visual indicator of how many results they would get by adjusting the bars
to various poits, before they ever even touched it (as opposed to a
tooltip)

-Hoss