Do you need it as property or could you use the solrconfig.xml directly?
this worked in my case ...

Regards,
Peter.

PS: Here is my snippet:

 <requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler"
enable="${replication.master:false}" >
      <lst name="master">
        <!--Replicate on 'startup' and 'commit'. 'optimize' is also a
valid value for replicateAfter. -->
        <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>
        <str
name="confFiles">solrconfig.xml,schema.xml,stopwords.txt,synonyms.txt,protwords.txt</str>
     </lst>
  </requestHandler>

  <requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler"
enable="${replication.slave:true}">
      <lst name="slave">
        <!-- fully qualified url for the replication handler of master.
              It is possible to pass on this as a request param for the
fetchindex command-->
        <str name="masterUrl">http://host:port/solr/replication</str>

        <!--Interval in which the slave should poll master. Format is
HH:mm:ss
            If this is absent slave does not poll automatically. But a
fetchindex can be triggered from the admin or the http API -->
        <str name="pollInterval">00:30:00</str>
    </lst>
  </requestHandler>

Then you will need the properties file only on the master side with
replication.master=true
replication.slave=false

--
http://karussell.wordpress.com/