The delta import operation adds more records to the index, so the
index gets bigger.

Any index will be a little disorganized after the indexing pass. The
'optimize' operation collapses the "messy" index into a "clean" one.
You can try running an optimize once a day until you learn more about
operating a Solr instance.

Lance

--
Lance Norskog