Thanks, that really helps to find the right beginning for such a journey. :-)

> * Use Solr, not Nutch's search webapp

As far as I have read, Solr can't scale, if the index gets too large for one
Server

> The setup explained here has one significant caveat you also need to keep
> in mind: scale. You cannot use this kind of setup with vertical scale
> (collection size) that goes beyond one Solr box. The horizontal scaling
> (query throughput) is still possible with the standard Solr replication
> tools.

...from Lucidimagination.com

Is this still the case?
Furthermore, as far as I have understood this blogpost:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/03/09/nutch-solr/
Lucidimagination.com : Nutch and Solr , they index the whole stuff with
nutch and reindex it to Solr - sounds like a lot of redundant work.

Lucid, Sematext and the Nutch-wiki are the only information-sources where I
can find talks about Nutch and Solr, but no one seems to talk about these
facts - except this one blogpost.

If you say this is wrong or contingent on the shown setup, can you tell me
how to avoid these problems?

A lot of questions, but it's such an exciting topic...

Hopefully you can answer some of them.

Again, thank you for the feedback, Otis.

- Mitch