Hi Joe & Markus,

sounds good! Maybe I should better add a note on the Wiki page on federated search [1].

Thanks,
Sascha

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FederatedSearch

Joe Calderon wrote:
yes, you can use distributed search across shards with different
schemas as long as the query only references overlapping fields, i
usually test adding new fields or tokenizers on one shard and deploy
only after i verified its working properly