Hi Mitch,

thanks for the answer and the link.

The use case is to provide content based recommendations for a single
item no matter where that came from. So, this input (match) item is "the
best match", all "more like this" items compare to it, and the ones that
are the most alike would have the highest scores.

(Meaning also that the most similar are probably not as good as
recommendations because they are too similar. But that is a different
story.)

Again, I don't want to compare the scores of regular search results
(e.g. from dismax) with those of mlt. I only want a way to show to the
user a kind of relevancy or similarity indicator (for example using a
range of 10 stars) that would give a hint on how similar the mlt hit is
to the input (match) item.

Greetings from Munich ;-)
Chantal