finally I found out the cause of my problem
yes you don't need to delete the index and restart the tomcat just to get
the data query result updated, you just need to commit the xml files.

I made a custom url as per requirement from my client
default url -- >
http://localhost/solr/select/?q=ITEM_CAT:817&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

my custom url -->
http://localhost/search/select/?q=ITEM_CAT:817&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

I made the custom url by copy paste the solr.war and renamed it to
search.war, so in webapps folder there are two war files
this is the cause of my problem, when I use the default url there is no
problem at all but when I use my custom url I have to delete, commit, and
restart the tomcat to make the query result correctly.

the question is now changed :)
how to make the search.war behave exactly the same like solr.war?
maybe when I start the tomcat I should add some parameter so it will
including/pointing to search.war not solr.war anymore?

when I removed the solr.war so there is only one war file in webapps folder
which is search.war, I can't do commit, it said 'FATAL: Solr returned an
error: Not Found'
it is because the app searching solr.war not search.war