thanks for you response Jan,
I just knew that the post.jar only an example tool
so what should I use if not post.jar for production?

btw, I already tried using this command:
java -Durl=http://localhost:8983/search/update -jar post.jar cat_817.xml

and IT WORKS !!
the cat_817.xml reflected directly in the solr query after I commit the
cat_817.xml, this is the url:
http://localhost:8983/search/select/?q=ITEM_CAT:817&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

the problem is it works if the old xml contain less doc than the new xml,
for example if the old cat_817.xml contain 2 doc and the new cat_817.xml
contain 10 doc then I just have to re-index (java
-Durl=http://localhost:8983/search/update -jar post.jar cat_817.xml) and it
the query result will have correct result (10 doc), but it doesn't work vice
versa.
If the old cat_817.xml contain 10 doc and the new cat_817.xml contain 2 doc,
then I have to delete the index first (java -Ddata=args -Dcommit=yes -jar
(java -Durl=http://localhost:8983/search/update -jar post.jar cat_817.xml)
to make the query result updated (2 doc).

is it a normal process or something wrong with my solr?

once again thanks again Jan, your help really make my day brighter :)
and I believe your answer will help many solr newbie especially me