Thanks so much. I didn't know how to make any changes in schema.xml for pdf
files. I used solr default schema.xml. Please tell me what I need do in
schema.xml.

The simple java program I use is following. I also attached that pdf file. I
really appreciate your help!
*********************************
public class importPDF {
    try {
        String fileName = "pub2009001.pdf";
        String solrId = "pub2009001.pdf";

      indexFilesSolrCell(fileName, solrId);

    } catch (Exception ex) {
      System.out.println(ex.toString());
    }
  }

 public static void indexFilesSolrCell(String fileName, String solrId)
    throws IOException, SolrServerException {
    String urlString = "http://lhcinternal.nlm.nih.gov:8989/solr/lhcpdf";;
    SolrServer solr = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(urlString);

    ContentStreamUpdateRequest up
      = new ContentStreamUpdateRequest("/update/extract");

    up.addFile(new File(fileName));

    up.setParam("literal.id", solrId);
    up.setParam("uprefix", "attr_");
    up.setParam("fmap.content", "attr_content");

    up.setAction(AbstractUpdateRequest.ACTION.COMMIT, true, true);
    solr.request(up);
  }
}