Thank you for your answer. I sure will implement something in that direction.

But couldn't multiple tokens be used instead of multiple values?

<fieldType name="hier" class="solr.TextField">
  <analyzer type="index">
    // some tokenizer and filters that generates "0//Europe",
"1//Europe//Norway", "2//Europe//Norway//Oslo"
  </analyzer>
</fieldType>

<field name="country_facet" type="hier" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

Wouldn't that work in just the same way? Or is it some difference
between multiple tokens and multiple values that I'm missing?

--
Regards,
Mats Bolstad