yeah sorry I forgot to mention others...

<mergeFactor>100</mergeFactor>
<maxBufferedDocs>1000</maxBufferedDocs>
<maxMergeDocs>100000</maxMergeDocs>
<maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>

above are the values....

Is this because of values here...initially I had mergeFactor parameter -10
and maxMergedocs-10000....With the same error i changed them to above
values..Yet I got that error after index was about 2lacs docs...