I still get the same error when I try to index the mrc file...

This was the previous version of the Java on our server.
# java -version
java version "1.5.0"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.3.2

And then I've installed openjdk which gives me

# java -version
java version "1.6.0_0"
OpenJDK  Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_0-b11, mixed mode)

Am I doing fine with the installation.