Hi -
I posted this problem but no response, I guess I need to post this in the
Solr-User forum. Hopefully you will help me on this.

We were running Solr 1.3 for long time, with 130 cores. Just upgrade to Solr
1.4, then when we start the Solr, it took about 45 minutes. The catalina.log
shows Solr is very slowly loading all the cores.

We did optimize, did not help at all.

I run JConsole to monitor the memory. I notice the first 70 cores were
loaded pretty fast, like in 3,4 minutes.

But after that, the memory went all way up to about 15GB (we allocated 16GB
to solr), and it slows down
right there, slower and slower. We use concurrent GC. JConsole shows only
ParNew GCs kicked off, but it doesnt bring down the memory.

With Solr 1.3, all 130 cores loaded in 5,6 minutes.

Please let me know if there is known memory issue with Solr 1.4. Or is there
something (configuration)
we need to tweak to make it work efficiently in 1.4?

thanks