Thanks, Allistair. I will give it a try later today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:a...@roxxor.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 11:31 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: solrj

i rewrote the top jar section at

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

and the following code then runs fine.

import java.net.MalformedURLException;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrQuery;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer;
import org.apache.solr.client.solrj.response.QueryResponse;
import org.apache.solr.common.SolrDocument;
import org.apache.solr.common.SolrDocumentList;

class TestSolrQuery {

                String url = "http://localhost:8983/solr";;
                SolrServer server = null;

                try {
                        server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(url);
                } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
                        System.out.println(e);
                        System.exit(1);
                }

                SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
            query.setQuery("*:*");

            QueryResponse rsp = null;
            try {
                rsp = server.query(query);
            } catch(SolrServerException e) {
                System.out.println(e);
                        System.exit(1);
            }

            SolrDocumentList docs = rsp.getResults();
            for (SolrDocument doc : docs) {
                System.out.println(doc.toString());
            }
        }
}

On Oct 4, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Xin Li wrote:

> I asked the exact question the day before. If you or anyone else has
> pointer to the solution, please share on the mail list. For now, I am
> using Perl script instead to query Solr server.
>
> Thanks,
> Xin

facet.getValues();