Well,
     I think that if some is searching the 'whole of the dataset' to find the
'individual data' then an SQL database outside of Solr makes as much sense.
There's plenty of data in the world or most applications that needs to stay
normalized or at least has benefits to being that way.
Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a
better idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them
yourself. from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
  otherwise we all die.