Hi,

I have a very common question but couldnt find any post related to my
question in this forum,

I am currently initiating a full import each week but the data that have
been deleted in the source is not update in my document as I am using
clean=false.

We are indexing multiple data by data types hence cant delete the index and
do a complete re-indexing each week also we want to delete the orphan solr
documents (for which the data is not present in back end DB) on a daily
basis.

Now my question is.. Is there a way I can use preImportDeleteQuery to delete
the documents from SOLR for which the data doesnt exist in back end db? I
dont have anything called delete status in DB, instead I need to get all the
UID's from SOLR document and compare it with all the UID's in back end and
delete the data from SOLR document for the UID's which is not present in DB.

Any suggestion / ideas would be of great help.

Note: Currently I have developed a simple program which will fetch the UID's
from SOLR document and then connect to backend DB to check the orphan UID's
and delete the documents from SOLR index corresponding to orphan UID's. I
just dont want to re-invent the wheel if this feature is already present in
SOLR as I need to do more testing in terms of performance / scalability for
my program..

Thanks,
Barani