On 10/20/2010 9:59 AM, bbarani wrote:
We actually use virtual DB modelling tool to fetch the data from various
sources during run time hence we dont have any control over the source.

We consolidate the data from more than one source and index the consolidated
data using SOLR. We dont have any kind of update / access rights to source
data.

It seems likely that those who are in control of the data sources would be maintaining some kind of delete log, and that they should be able to make those logs available to you.

For my index, the data comes from a MySQL database. When a delete is done at the database level, a database trigger records the old information to a main delete log table, as well as a separate table for the search system. The build system uses that separate table to run deletes every ten minutes and keeps it trimmed to 48 hours of delete history.