I have a request handler with a qt of "lbcheck" so that load balancer healthchecks, which happen every five seconds, do not skew my query statistics.

I've recently modified the way i do my load balancing, which required that I add a shards parameter to my PingRequestHandler. The ping handler includes the qt parameter set to lbcheck, but when it is distributed to the shards, this gets lost, and it uses the standard handler. Now my broker core is the only one with correct statistics.

Is there any way to preserve qt in a distributed search so this doesn't happen? I am using Solr 1.4.1, but we are upgrading to 3.1-dev very soon.

Thanks,
Shawn