Mr.Rochkind pointed out the exact requirement I had in mind i.e. "filter
query from external list of Solr unique IDs". On the flip side, even filter
queries can be dicey for me as I could very easily blow past the 1024 bytes
URL GET limit as my original queries itself are very long..just adding 100
or 200 IDs to exclude could cause troubles. This is the exactly why I am
trying to find a configuration option as opposed to writing filter queries

Thank you all for actively helping me out.

Ravi Kiran Bhaskar
Principal Software Engineer
Washington Post
1150 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20071