On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> thank you for your quick answer!
>
> To make sure that there occurs no mistakes at my application's side, I send
> my requests with the form that is available at solr/admin/form.jsp
>
> I changed almost nothing from the example-configurations within the
> example-package except some auto-commit params.
>
> All the special-characters within the results were displayed correctly, and
> so far they were also indexed correctly.
> The only problem is querying with special-characters.
>
> I can confirm that the page is encoded in UTF-8 within my browser.
>
> Is there a possibility that Tomcat did not use the UTF-8 URIEncoding?
> Maybe I should say that Tomcat is behind an Apache HttpdServer and is
> mounted by a jk_mount.
>
> Thank you!

I am not familiar with using your type of set up, but a quick Google search
suggested using a second connector on a different port. If you're using
mod_jk, you can try setting "JkOptions +ForwardURICompatUnparsed" to see if
that helps. (
http://markstechstuff.blogspot.com/2008/02/utf-8-problem-between-apache-and-tomcat.html).
Sorry I couldn't have been more help. :)

- Ken