Hi,

also take a look at solandra:

https://github.com/tjake/Lucandra/tree/solandra

I don't have it in prod yet but regarding administration overhead it looks very promising. And you'll get some other neat features like (soft) real time, for free. So its same like A) + C) + X) - Y) ;-)

Regards,
Peter.

Hi,
        I'd like to know if anybody has suggestions/opinions on what is
currently the best architecture for a distributed search system using Solr. The
use case is that of a system composed
of N indexes, each hosted on a separate machine, each index containing unique
content.

Options that I know of are:

A) Using Solr distributed search
B) Using Solr + Zookeeper integration
C) Using replication, i.e. each node replicates all the others

It seems like options A) and B) would suffer from a fault-tolerance standpoint:
if any of the nodes goes down, the search won't -at this time- return partial
results, but instead report an exception.
Option C) would provide fault tolerance, at least for any search initiated at a
node that is available, but would incur into a large replication overhead.

Did I get any of the above wrong, or does somebody have some insight on what is
the best system architecture for this use case ?

thanks in advance,
Luca

--
http://jetwick.com twitter search prototype