On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But why do you have two cores in the first place? Is it really necessary or
> is it just
> making things more complex?

I don't know why the OP wants two cores, but I ran into this same
problem and had to abandon using a second core. My use case is: I have
lots of slowing-changing documents, and a few often-changing
documents. Those classes of documents are updated by different people
using different processes. I wanted to split them into separate cores
so that:

1) The large core wouldn't change except deliberately so there would
be less chance of a bug creeping in. Also, that core is the same on
different servers, so they could be replicated.

2) The small core would update and optimize quickly and the data in it
is different on different servers.

The problem is that the search results should return relevancy as if
there were only one core.