Thanks Shawn, that helps explain things.

So the issue there, with using maxSearchWarmers to try and prevent out of control RAM/CPU usage from over-lapping on-deck, combined with replication... is if you're still pulling down replications very frequently but using maxSearchWarmers to prevent overlapping on-deck, you'll save RAM/CPU but might trade that off to instead use a LOT of disk space for multiple versions of index segment files, until a commit finally goes through.