Hi Grant,

I grabbed the latest version from trunk this morning and am still unable to
get any of the spatial functionality to work. I still seem to be getting the
class loading errors that I was getting when using the patches and jar files
I found all over the web. What I really need at this point is an example of
solrconfig.xml and whatever else I need to include to make it work properly.
I am using the Geonames DB with valid lat/longs in decimal degrees so I'm
confident that the data are correct. I have tried several examples all with
the same results.

There are other patches like the following that show snippets of how to
modify the solrconfig file but there is no definitive source...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12452781/SOLR-2077.Quach.Mattmann.082210.patch.txt

I would gladly update this page if I could just get it working.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch

w/r,
Adam