Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to prune my search result by removing the less relevant documents. I'm thinking about using the search score : I use the search scores of the document set (I assume there are sorted by descending order), normalise them (0 would be the the lowest value and 1 the greatest value) and then calculate the gradient of the normalised scores. The documents with a gradient below a threshold value would be rejected. If the scores are linearly decreasing, then no document is rejected. However, if there is a brutal score drop, then the documents below the drop are rejected. The threshold value would still have to be tuned but I believe it would make a much stronger metric than an absolute search score.

What do you think about this approach? Do you see any problem with it? Is there any SOLR tools that could help me dealing with that?

Thanks for your answer.

Julien