I believe this is what you are looking for. I renamed the field called
"store" to "coords" in the schema.xml file. The tricky part is building out
the query. I am using SolrNet to do this though and have not yet cracked the
problem.

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=*:*+AND+eventdate:[2006-01-21T00:00:000Z+TO+2007-01-21T00:00:000Z]&fq={!bbox}&sfield=coords&pt=32.15,-93.85&d=500

Adam