Stevo Slavić, 20.01.2011 15:42:
So if on startup index gets replicated, then commit probably isn't
being called anywhere on master.

No, the index is not replicated on startup (same behaviour: "no files to
download")

Is that index configured to autocommit on master, or do you commit
from application code? If you commit from application code, check if
commit actually gets issued to the slave.

We explicitely commit() from the application when doing an update to the index.

How do I check if the commit is "sent" to the slave other than monitoring the
polling on the slave (which doesn't pick up the changes)

Regards
Thomas