To my knowledge, the distributed search functionality is intended to be
transparent, thus no details deriving from it are exposed (e.g. what
docs come from which shard), so, no, I don't believe it to be possible.

The only way I know right now that you could achieve it is by two (sets
of) queries. One would be a distributed search across all shards, and
the other would be a single hit to every shard. To fake such a facet,
this second set of queries would only need to ask for totals, so it
could use a rows=0.

Otherwise you'd have to enhance the distributed indexing code to expose
some of this information in its response.

Upayavira