Nope, this isn't what I'd expect. There are a couple of possibilities:
1> check out what WordDelimiterFilterFactory is doing, although
     if you're really sending spaces that's probably not it.
2> Let's see the <field> and <fieldType> definitions for the field
     in question. type="text" doesn't say anything about analysis,
     and that's where I'd expect you're having trouble. In particular
     if your analysis chain uses KeywordTokenizerFactory for instance.
3> Look at the admin/schema browse page, look at your field and
     see what the actual tokens are. That'll tell you what TermsComponents
     is returning, perhaps the concatenation is happening somewhere
     else.

Bottom line: Solr will not concatenate terms like this unless you tell it
to,
so I suspect you're telling it to, you just don't realize it <G>...

Best
Erick