Well I assume many people out there would have indexes larger than 100GB and
I don't think so normally you will have more RAM than 32GB or 64!

As I mentioned the queries are mostly phrase, proximity, wildcard and
combination of these.

What exactly do you mean by distribution of documents? On this index our
documents are not more than few hundred KB's on average (file system size)
and there are around 14 million documents. 80% of the index size is taken up
by position file. I am not sure if this is what you asked?

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com

--
Regards,

Salman Akram