Another option (assuming the case where a user can be granted access to
a certain class of documents, and more than one user would be able to
access certain documents) would be to store the access filter (as an OR
query of content types) in an external cache (perhaps a database or an
eternal cache that the database changes are published to periodically),
then using this access filter as a facet on the base query.

-sujit