Hi,

Even if the customer types a correct product name, how do you know that
merchant A and merchant B both have registered that exact product in the same
way?

Merchant A may say as product name "White Sony LCD TV XY123" and the other says
"Sony XY123 LCD TV", colour=white

If you're serious about price comparison service, I think you need to invest in
finding what products are the same before indexing, and then tagging them with
some unique normalized name. Then when after a search, you show a facet with
that normalized name and first when the user has selected the correct facet,
can you be 100% certain that you're comparing apples to apples.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com