I have used this without issue.  In the example solrconfig.xml replace
this line:

<directoryFactory name="DirectoryFactory"
class="${solr.directoryFactory:solr.StandardDirectoryFactory}"/>

with this one:

<directoryFactory name="DirectoryFactory" class="solr.RAMDirectoryFactory"/>

Thanks,
Matt Weber

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Bill Bell <billnb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks - yeah that is why I asked how to use it. But I still don't know
> how to use it.
>
> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Solr-3.x/javadoc/org/apache/solr/core/
> RAMDirectoryFactory.html

> <directoryProvider class="org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory">
> <!-- Parameters as required by the implementation -->
> </directoryProvider>
>

> Is that right? Examples? Options?
>
> Where do I put that in solrconfig.xml ? Do I put it in
> mainIndex/directoryProvider ?
>
> I know that SOLR-465 is more generic, but
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-480 seems easier to use.
>

> Thanks.
>

> On 2/24/11 6:21 PM, "Chris Hostetter" <hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:
>

>>: I could not figure out how to setup the ramdirectory option in
>>solrconfig.XML. Does anyone have an example for 1.4?
>>
>>it wasn't an option in 1.4.
>>
>>as Koji had already mentioned in the other thread where you chimed in
>>and asked about this, it was added in the 3x branch...
>>
>>http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Question-Solr-Index-main-in-RAM-td25671
>>66.html
>>

>>-Hoss

Matt Weber